NaturKultur is a youth association founded in North Germany which now has also presence in Bremen and Wiefelstede – Oldenburg. The name Natur (nature) represents the physical world including all living things as well as the land and the oceans. Kultur (culture) is the totality of socially transmitted behaviour patterns, arts, beliefs, institutions, and all other products of human work and thought. Therefore, NaturKultur as an organization want to be the synergy between these two terms and harmonize the living welfare on this planet.
The main objectives of the organization are:
– To create awareness among young people about their role in the society and the need for the youth to act in a positive way (preservation of environment, fighting prejudices and conflict resolution, sustainable development).
– To train young people to change the world providing them different skills (such as Civil courage, Sustainable energy behavior etc).
– To bring together young people from different cultures and nationalities (countries that have conflicts between them; like Macedonia and Greece, Bosnia and Serbia, Slovakia and Hungary, Turkey and Greece, Israel and Palestine etc).
– To encourage young people to develop their potential and creativity (self-employment, social entrepreneurship, handcraft etc).
– To increase the network of partners and their capacity (providing a platform, connecting organizations and people, trainings for other organizations and sharing know-how).
For more information, please visit their website here.